EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is one of the most popular IT certifications for professionals in the IT security field.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is one of the most popular EC-Council certifications because it is integrated as baseline skill certification options for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) cyber workforce in several categories. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is VA APPROVED.
EC Council. EC-Council CEH certification contains 20 core modules.
The structure of security modules covers areas from an Introduction to Ethical Hacking, Social Engineering, and Cryptography. Here is the complete list of CEH modules.
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
- Vulnerability Analysis
- System Hacking
- Malware Threats
- Social Engineering
- Session Hijacking
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Hacking Web Servers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- IoT Hacking
- Cloud Computing
In the following text, we will discuss tips on passing the CEH exam and give details about prerequisites and eligibility criteria.
Prerequisites and Eligibility Criteria for EC-Council CEH Certification
Before taking the EC-Council CEH exam, all candidates are advised to take the CEH Training. If the official training is not taken then, the candidates must pay an additional $100 eligibility application fee and provide proof of at least two years of experience in information security. If the documents which prove prior experience are not provided, then candidates will need to send a request to consider the security education background.
About the EC-Council CEH exam
Exam Name: EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Exam Code: 312-50
Exam Price: $950 (USD)
Duration: 240 mins
Number of Questions: 125
Passing score: 70%
Books / Training: Courseware
Schedule Exam: Pearson VUE
EC-Council CEH Study Details
- The EC-Council CEH course costs $885 for international students and $850 for United States students. On this linked page you can find more details about the price.
- The candidates who do not attend the official training of CEH must provide proof of at least two years of experience with an information security background. If they fail to provide background evidence, they can proceed with requesting a review of their faculty qualifications.
- EC Council may request further information from candidates. If the candidate does not respond within 90 days, the EC Council application form will be rejected, and the candidate will need to resubmit the application form again from the beginning.
- The EC Council may officially contact the referrals who the candidate listed on his application form. After this has been done, the average EC Council application form processing time is 5-10 days.
- After approval, the candidates will be instructed to purchase the EC-Council voucher on the store. The EC Council will give you three months (for approved applications) to do that. Just purchased voucher will be valid for one year. If the candidate experiences any problem regarding his EC-Council voucher, he can contact the finance department for assistance.
- After the candidate buys a voucher for the exam, the EC Council will then send the candidate the voucher and eligibility code to get registered and schedule a test. Remark: In case the applicant is not approved, the EC Council application fee of $100 is not refundable.
- The candidates who complete the training will have to provide proof of attendance while applying for the direct exam.
Tips for How to Pass the EC Council CEH Exam
CertWizard hopes the tips listed down below will help you pass the CEH exam, we are sure the last one definitely will. The tips have been collected from various official sources and candidates who have passed the EC-Council CEH exam successfully.
1) Start with the CEH Exam Blueprint then Learn and Practice
The official EC Council CEH blueprint page contains relevant documents about CEH, including a Handbook, Blueprint, Eligibility criteria, Exam FAQs, exam details, and course outline.
Learn and Practice for the CEH Exam, try to expand your knowledge by practice, and it will make you aware of all critical concepts for multiple-choice questions in the CEH exam.
2) Use CEH Practice Exams
During the test, the EC Council CEH exam will contain 125 questions, and the candidate needs to answer them in four hours, that’s about two minutes per question. This means you must be at your best, not only in terms of knowledge of the current security domains but also in terms of time management and stress control.
We advise you if you do the exam, you should not approach the exam without the help of practice questions. With CertWizard help, you will not need practice questions but if you do it on your own, then they will definitely not harm you.
3) Get Familiar with the Exam and Use Study Guides
Knowing the content, structure and what type of exam questions you can expect during the test will help you cover all the CEH exam topics. The CEH exam is composed of 125 multiple-choice questions within 4 hours. For the study, you can find guides online or search for paid materials.
People say CEH Exam Guide (All-in-one) by Matt Walker, Certified Ethical Hacker Guides by Sybex, and Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Preparation by Michael Gregg is considered some of the best study guides for the EC Council CEH exam.
4) Become a member of the CEH Community
Find forums and blogs on the web where people from all over the world talk about their experience with the CEH exam and how they passed it. Some of the top forums for the CEH community include the CEH forum, CCCure forum, and Break The Security community.
5) Learn what to study, study to Learn
The CEH Syllabus covers an extensive amount of security knowledge, From an Introduction to Ethical Hacking to broad topics like Cryptography. To cover all the subjects sufficiently, you will have to find out what to study for each Syllabus category.
CEH Syllabus divides the entire module structure into different types and suggests study guides. The document contains efficient structuring of security modules in various categories, from background to assessment, security, tools, procedures, policies, and ethics.
6) Do the EC Council CEH Training
Take the official training in EC Council authorized training centers in your area. Authorized training centers follow the official outlines to prepare candidates for the final exam. The training cost is charged independently of EC Council and may vary from area to area.
7) EC Council CEH Exam BONUS TIP
If you don’t have time for CEH Exam Preparation, if you don’t have time to investigate all CEH modules, if you don’t have time for official CEH Training, if you don’t have time for EC Council CEH eligibility application and all 6 EC Council CEH exam tips we advised to you then CertWizard.com can help you.
EC Council CEH Exam Application Requirement:
To apply for the EC-Council certification, please provide us with the following information:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Telephone number (with the country code):
- Name of the EC-Council exam:
- Two identification documents (E.g. Driving License and Passport)
Please email all this information to CertWizard@gmail.com, and you will receive all the certification process details, payment instructions, and installment information from us.
After receiving your payment, we will start the EC-Council certification process in your name and PASS your EC-Council exam within 5-7 business days.
CertWizard will take care of the EC-Council Application Eligibility Process for you.
CertWizard will 100% PASS EC-Council certification exam for you, or you will get your money back.
After we pass the exam, you will be able to check the certification results on the EC-Council Certification website (https://aspen.eccouncil.org/)
On the end of the EC-Council certification process you will receive:
Your EC-Council certification login details, Certificate, and Certification transcript.
If you are looking for IT certification and want to boost your IT career, then CertWizard is here to help you.
EC-Council, AWS, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Six Sigma, Prince2, ISACA certification is just a small list of IT certifications that we can pass for you. Yes, pass for you, in just a few days. Without you doing the exam or training.
Achieving any IT certification can be of enormous benefit to your career, so feel free to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CertWizard – Your IT certification wizard